- Philips StoreWise gives North American retailers power to create more engaging customer experiences and improve operational efficiency
- The new integrated lighting system from Philips Lighting can deliver up to 35 percent greater energy savings versus LED lighting without controls
Somerset, NJ – Philips Lighting (Euronext Amsterdam ticker: LIGHT), a global leader in lighting, today announced the commercial availability of Philips StoreWise, a customizable system of integrated luminaries and controls, specifically designed to create a more engaging and inviting atmosphere for shoppers. With StoreWise, North American retailers can enhance the in-store shopping experience by precisely tuning the appearance and ambience of any store area or activating a lighting scene with the push of a button from a mobile device.
“Keeping shoppers engaged in and around the store is more important than ever as consumers’ expectations continue to rise,” said Karen Gough, Vice President, Enterprise Systems and Services, Retail & Hospitality, of Philips Lighting. “Because lighting is ubiquitous in any store, it is rapidly becoming one of the most valuable assets to add new value to the shopping experience while using LED technology reduces operational costs and energy consumption.”
Philips StoreWise features a user-friendly control interface, enabling authorized users to automatically change light levels according to the time of day, special events or seasonal changes. The lighting system can also be used to visually direct shoppers to areas of interest, such new product offerings, sales, or different departments.
The components in Philips StoreWise are specifically designed to work together in a retail environment, and can be easily integrated into other facility operations systems such as Energy Management Systems (EMS). Grouping and zoning, along with dimming, help control energy costs as the lights are only operating when and how they are needed while establishing a mood and helping guide the customer’s journey through the store.
Because Philips StoreWise is woven into a single flexible system with built-in advanced capabilities such as occupancy sensing and daylight harvesting, retailers can benefit from up to 35 percent greater energy savings beyond the typical 50 percent provided by LED technology alone. In order to meet the evolving needs of retailers near and long term, Philips StoreWise is intended as a platform with more features and functionalities to be added over time.
Philips’ StoreWise system is now available in North America across a variety of Philips Lighting luminaires, including:
• Philips DayBrite LBX linear suspended lights
• Philips DayBrite FBX and RBX highbay lights
• Philips Lightolier LyteProfile and SlimSurface downlights
• Philips Lightolier Spot LED and Alcyon track lights
• Philips Lightolier LyteCaster accent lights
• Philips Ledalite ArcForm, VersaForm, EvoGrid and ClearAppeal recessed troffers
For more information on Philips StoreWise, visit: