Somerset, NJ. – As part of the company’s continuous efforts to provide customers meaningful lighting solutions, while delivering exceptional service, Philips Lighting will be further realigning its North American business sales and operations around a solution-selling approach. This realigned organization will provide streamlined access through a centralized organization to the full suite of Philips’ industry-leading lighting products to Philips’ customers and business partners, allowing them to accelerate their own ability to service customers.
Philips recognizes that certain outside factors and societal changes, including the ongoing population shift to urban areas and the continuous rise of energy costs are forcing our customers to reevaluate the impact of lighting and the solutions that can meet their lighting needs.
Over the last few years, Philips has completed a number of strategic acquisitions that have helped lay the foundation for its holistic approach with respect to LED lighting. These businesses provide value in specific market segments and allow Philips to offer total solutions, while leveraging the expertise and offerings from over 20 industry-leading brands. By combining all of the assets in the Philips portfolio, including user insights and an unmatched commitment to research and development that has led to innovative products such as Philips hue, Philips has uniquely positioned itself to make a difference in the segments the company serves.
The new organizational changes include:
- A single point of contact with dedicated lighting expertise
- Fast and accurate answers from functional subject matter experts
- Consolidated order status providing visibility across all business sectors, as well as reducing duplication of paperwork – one quote and purchase order across Philips lighting products
- Centrally led Sales and Customer Support team, providing one point of contact to customer
- Sales Support center to streamline non-customer facing activities
- Customer Fulfillment Center to provide continuity across back-end business processes
- Smaller geographical zones allowing for a closer relationship with local customers
“As a company, our goal is to not only be a leader in innovation, but to be a trusted partner, ultimately providing our customers with the best possible solution and experience,” said Bruno Biasiotta, president and CEO of Philips Lighting North America. “These new initiatives will allow us to be more responsive in supporting customers while giving them the flexibilityto get best-breed-products or a complete lighting solution from us based our their unique needs.”
While customers needs are at the core of the organizational chances, specifiers, lighting designers, agents, distributors, and installers will remain essential to the Philips ecosystem. Philips’ vertical integration combined with customer insights uniquely position the company to understand market drivers, staying ahead of the industry, while helping partners capture the growth opportunities.