Amsterdam, The Netherlands – Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) today announced the creation of a portfolio of innovative, inspiring and playful lighting products designed to bring the Disney magic to life for kids and families through lighting.
Combining Philips’ expertise in lighting with Disney’s beloved characters will harness the power of light to make children’s bedrooms a more imaginative place for them to read, play and sleep. It represents the latest achievement in Philips’ journey to transform the home lighting experience and make it digital.
The products will be co-branded and sold through a variety of complementary Philips and Disney retail channels starting in Europe and the US from September, with Asia and Canada to follow later this year.
The Philips Disney portfolio range includes breakthrough concepts in connected lighting that allows children to interact with Disney stories and characters. The revolutionary connected lighting concept allows children and parents to connect e-books with their lighting to interactively create a magical lighting experience that makes reading more fun and allows families to become fully immersed in the story. The range also includes lights featuring ‘light that comforts’, such as nightlights that emit a gentle glow, to products designed to help promote a regular sleep pattern for children by letting them know when it’s time to get up.
“With innovation and inspiration at its core, this collaboration fuses Disney’s unrivalled ability to create characters and stories that spark the imagination of children of all ages with our lighting innovation leadership. Together, we will deliver an exciting portfolio of advanced and interactive lighting solutions that the whole family can enjoy,” commented Eric Rondolat, Chief Executive Officer of Philips Lighting. “It is our ambition to become the category leader known for bringing digital and immersive lighting experiences to the children’s bedroom.”
Simon Philips, Executive Vice President & General Manager, Disney Consumer Products, The Walt Disney Company EMEA adds: “This product range is a perfect illustration of how Disney storytelling can extend into children’s bedrooms through an innovative and compelling consumer product offering. We are proud to work with Philips to help create positive and comforting reading and bedtime environments for families.”
Inspiration is at the heart of the portfolio: bringing Disney characters to life through lighting, inserting magical color to children’s bedrooms and making story time an even more engaging experience. The portfolio is designed with safety in mind through each product’s construction and the materials used.
Philips Disney Imaginative Lighting range:
- StoryLight and Mickey starter kit - Mickey Mouse-shaped light cleverly synchronises coloured light with classic Disney stories read through an interactive e-book on an iPad, perfect for story time.
- SleepTime and Mickey &Minnie Mouse - bedside table lamps that add a little Disney magic to your child’s bedtime routine, soothing your child to sleep before waking them up gently.
- SoftPals and Sulley and Mike from Monsters Inc., classic Mickey and Minnie Mouse - the perfect night time friends are key for setting rituals such as story time and getting your children in to the habit of sleeping through the night.
- LED Candles and Princess, Minnie and Mickey Mouse – these emit a warm glow that emulates the softness and flicker of real candle flames, creating a relaxed diffused light which adds a hint of magic to play time.
- LivingColors Micro lamps and Cars, Planes, Princess and Ariel - with 64 colours to choose from, they can transform almost any imagined playground.
- LivingColors Mini and Mickey &Minnie Mouse - will change a child’s room to create a fun magical or soothing ambience.
+ Product Backgrounder Partnership Philips & Disney