Who are you?
- Grew up in the Netherlands.
- Started out my job at Philips in the Netherlands for 3 years as a Design Engineer for ballasts and drivers and at Signify since 1997.
- Moved to the US because of an exchange program; have been in the US for 30 years since.
What do you do?
- Support the SR certification program that allows customers design lighting fixtures that are compatiable with Signify's sensors, drivers, and/or other parts.
- Serve as back-up for Multi-One which ties in with DALI protocol for communication.
- Organize results from tests done in-house and creates reports for customers.
What is your focus?
- Anything SR driver and EasySense related.
- Customer support.
- DALI (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) which deals with controlling the driver and lights.
Where did you go to school?
High Technical School in Holland, Netherlands (equivalent to Business Science of Electrical Engineering) in the US.
Where did you work?
- At Philips in the Netherlands.
- At Pro Light in Michigan.
What part of your job do you enjoy the most?
The overall design and testing part as it helps customers desing a better product in the end.