CLUE (Community Lighting for the Urban Environment) competition expects to further position itself inside the larger community of lighting professionals and extend its role of being a global leader in the design community. The competition aims to inspire and empower young designers such as students (University & Colleges) and growing professionals (<5 years in their profession) to consider societal issues and bring innovative solutions with their project.
Each theme of CLUE inspires participants to come up with interesting projects. The 5th edition of CLUE has recently been launched under the theme of LIGHT & DISRUPTION – Exploring the role of light in emergencies. There are certain situations where we might feel vulnerable such as conflicts, disruption or environmental changes. How can light help us manage or prevent these situations? How can we unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world? Can light make a difference? These are the questions the new edition aims to address, and all young artists are invited to use their imagination to answer them.
- CLUE 05 competition launch: January 15, 2019
- Deadline for questions: November 25, 2019
- Deadline for registration: December 8, 2019, 23:59 (GMT-5)
- Deadline for project submittal: December 9, 2019, 23:59 (GMT-5)
- Judging of proposals: January 28, 2020
- Publication of winners: February 6, 2020