Who are you?
- Grew up in South Dakota in a small Indian Reservation.
- Moved around a lot as a child (Iowa, Canada, and Chicago).
- Have a patent for program that starts electric ballasts.
What do you do?
- Manage all linear product design.
- Provide application support and technical information on how to correctly use and implement linear modules.
- Work with system applications to figure out what is working and what is not.
- Support thermal management.
- Deliver spectral explanations upon request to customers.
- Help cusomers with module selection.
- Provide technical data related to electrical and optical specifications.
- Calculate reliability lifetimes.
What is your focus?
- LED modules.
- System and driver knowledge.
Where did you go to school?
- China University of Geo-Science: BA in Automation.
- The University of Akron: Masters.
Where did you work?
- At Motorola Lighting.
- At LG Industrial Systems as ballasts designer, director, and AC motor drive controller.
- At Philips Advanced.
- At Robertson Worldwide.
- At MicroSun.
- At Signify (for 9 years).
What part of your job do you enjoy the most?
Solving any problems for customers.