Who are you?
- Grew up in Ohio.
- Has been an engineer for over 30 years.
- Has been part of the lighting industry for 20 years.
- Has been an R&D engineer, product engingeer supervisor, and product engineer supervisor manager.
What do you do?
- The go-to man for Design-in Emergency.
- Help customers apply the best emergency product to specific luminaires.
- Vet out product designs and solidifies specs.
- Communicate with the R&D team to have customer concerns be incorporated into future designs.
- Work with the sales and marketing team to review website and literature regarding Bodine.
- Travel to customer locations to troubleshoot if need be.
What is your focus?
- Mainstream drivers (including indoor and outdoor drivers).
- Design-In projects for emergency lighting.
- Emergency drivers.
Where did you go to school?
- Ohio State University: B.S. in Electrical Engineering.
- University of Memphis: Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- Christian Brothers University: Engineering Mmanagement Degree.
Where did you work?
- At Thysenkrupp in elevator control systems.
- At Kimberly Klark in machine control.
- At Signify (total of 20 years).
What part of your job do you enjoy the most?
How the Design-In process leads to new products.